Top Demat Accounts with lowest brokerage and best offers in India
Angel Broking is a 30 year old firm with network and branches across the country. It is one of the foremost brokerage company in India. The company has more than branches across 900 Tier 1 and Ter 2 cities in India. The company caters to a customer base of more than 1 million (1,000,000) users.
Angel Broking Landscape:
The company trades in all popular stock exchanges which include National Stock Exchange (NSE). Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX). National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX), etc.
Apart from traditional trading areas such as on phone and browser. They also provide its users with app based trading and gives access to tools. And plans which include Angel SpeedPro, Angel Eye, Angel Lite and Angel Swiftland.
They also offer advisory services along with daily suggestions for an augmented portfolio.
The Angel broking has multiple Trading Platforms which include:
Hence Angel Eye – Portfolio Tracking and undated quotes via a web based platform along with latest market information and live news.
So Angel Broking App – It is a mobile app which can be utilized to for viewing current market prices and tracking of customer portfolio.
Basically, Angel Speed Pro – It is a software provided by the company which comes with 20 years historical data and 30 days intraday information.
Account Charges of Angel Broking
Demat and Trading Account Opening Charges – NIL
Annual Maintenance Charges: This is a variable charge and depends from case to case basis and your transaction history. So Additionally it also depends upon your negotiation power, you need to negotiate with the agent when they get in touch with you
The Angel Broking Brokerage:
|Angel Classic||Angel Preferred||Angel Premier||Angel Elite|
|Trading and Delivery||INR 10,000-24,999||INR 25,000-49,999||INR 50,000 – 99,999||INR 1,00,000 and more|
|AMC Charges||INR 450 p.a. from 1st year||No AMC for 1st year and INR 450 p.a. afterwards||No AMC for 2nd year and INR 450 p.a. afterwards||No AMC for 3rd year and INR 450 p.a. afterwards|
5 paisa is an online trading platform by India Infoline (IIFL). The platform offers INR 10 per trade transaction and is not dependent on the amount you buy. The platform offers zero brokerage.
It is one of the simplest and easy to use Demat account available.
Advantages of 5 paisa trading account:
- Open totally paperless account based on Aadhaar
- Demat Account Opening: Free
- Charges of INR 10 for intraday, delivery, Future, Options, Equity, Currency and Commodity
- Trading Account Opening Charges – INR 750 (This can be negotiated and you can as the agent if they waive it off)
- Trading and Demat Account Annual fees after first year – INR 400
- Apart from the usual segments which include trading in BSE, NSE, MCX, IPO’s, the customer can use the same account to trade in Mutual Funds, F&O and Insurance
Kotak Securities was founded in 1994 as a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, it is now managing:
- The company manages INR 153 crore of Assets under Management (AUM) as on 31st March 2017
- It has a customer base of 13.59 Lakh accounts with over 5 lakh trades per day
- They have presence in 377 cities across India with 1281 branches, franchisees and satellite offices
Kotak Securities offers daily alerts, customized research along with broker advice. Likewise It is a single platform and full service broker for investments in Equity Delivery, Equity F&O, IPO, Financial Advisory services, mutual funds, life insurance, investment banking etc.
Kotak Securities account charges are as follows:
- Demat & Trading Account Opening Charges: INR 750
- Account Maintenance Charges (AMC): Nil
- Demat Account Maintenance Charges: INR 50/month.
Kotak Securities Advantages and Features:
- The company trades in all segments which include BSE, NSE and Currency Derivatives.
- One of the major disadvantage of this account is that commodity trading is not supported.
The following platforms can be used for operating the account:
- Kotaksecurities.com: Website for stock trading and inevestment
- Xtralite: It is a specialized tool in case slow connections need to access broker website
- KEAT Pro X : It is a tool used by professional traders which can be used on desktop.
- Kotak Stock Trader: On the go mobile app for trading
Motilal Oswal Financial Services is one of the most popular and premium demat account. Basically, who provide varied services across private wealth management, retail broking and distribution, institutional broking, asset management, investment banking, private equity, commodity broking, currency broking, principal strategies & home finance.
The company has a solid research base and currently has a presence in more than 2200 business locations. Hence They have more than 9 lakh registered users and currently manage assets of more than 44,963 Cr. (AUM). Presently the company has more than 2200 business locations in more than 500 cities. So They have a customer base of 9 lakh registered users with INR 44,963 Cr. plus depository assets.
Advantages of Motilal Oswal Demat Account:
The company provides 30,000+ research reports across 230+ companies and 21+ sectors
- Dedicated large cap, mid cap & technical research teams
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly reports across asset class
- Dedicated customer service team with a 6-hour query resolution TAT
- Basically, Customer centric Risk Management System and real-time payouts
- LIVE streaming quotes and technical charts, Trade, Invest, Track, Review through a single login
- Hence, Powerful, fast & secure technology across all platforms – Mobile, Tablet, Desktop and Web
- Demat and Trading Account Opening Charges – NIL
- Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) – INR 450
- Motilal Oswal Brokerage Charges
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Charges:
|Equity Intraday||0.03 % – 0.05 %|
|Equity Delivery||0.25 % – 0.50 %|
|Equity Futures||0.03 % – 0.05 %|
|Equity Options||INR 75/lot|
Motilal Oswal Trading Platforms:
- Desktop Trading Platform – Desktop based platform which provides access to all research reports across companies and sectors.
- Similarly, Web Trading Platform – Easy access of accounts on web through any system.
- After that Mobile Trading Platform – App based platform allows trading mobiles and tablets.
- Smart Watch – India’s first trading based Smart Watch is one of the fastest and most convenient way for you to stay on top of all vital information associated with your investments.
5. ICICI Direct
This ICICI Direct is a unique 3-in1 online trading platform, the platforms links your banking, trading and demat accounts, ensuring unmatched convenience for customers.
So ICICI Direct trades all segments on BSE, NSE, NSE, BTST, Spot Trading, Mutual Funds, Term Insurance, IPOs.
ICICIdirect.com account benefits:
- Here ICICI Direct is one of the expensive brokers in the market however it offers seamless trading.
- Security: Instead of transferring money to broker’s pool or towards deposits, you can manage your own demat and bank accounts when you trade through ICICIdirect.com.
- Demat Account Opening Charges – INR 100
- Trading Account Opening Charges – INR 975
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (D-AMC) – INR 500
- Trading Account Annual Maintenance Charges (T-AMC)- NIL
ICICI offers 3 types of brokerage plans
1) I- Saver plan
Therefor A variable percentage of brokerage is charged on basis of quarterly turnover. Higher the turnover, lesser will be the brokerage.
I- Saver Plan Cash Charges
|Turnover per quarter||Delivery Rate||Intraday Rate|
|INR 5 crore+||0.25%||0.125%|
|INR 2 Cr. to 5 Cr.||0.30%||0.150%|
|INR 1 Cr. to 2 Cr.||0.35%||0.175%|
|INR 50 lakh to 1 Cr.||0.45||0.225%|
|INR 25 lakh to 50 L||0.55%||0.275%|
|INR 25 lakh to 50 L||0.55%||0.275%|
|Less than INR 25 L||0.75%||0.375|
2) I- Secure Plan
In Conclusion A fixed percentage of brokerage is charged on turnover. There is no turnover based slab rates like I- saver plan.
I- Secure Plan Cash Charges
|Turnover per quarter||Delivery Rate||Intraday Rate|
|Irrespective of turnover||0.55%||0.275%|
3) Prepaid Brokerage Plan
You have to pay prepaid brokerage under this plan. The brokerage rate is lesser as compare to the other two plan. But your money will be locked & not beneficial for seasonal trade
|Prepaid Card Value (INR)||Delivery Brokerage Rate||Intraday Brokerage Rate|
One of the first online trading companies in India, Sharekhan was founded in 2000 and has been a subsidiary of BNP Paribas since November 2016. So The company has a customer base of more than 16 lakh customers, 153 branches and more than 2400 business partners spread across over 575 locations. The company executes more than 400,000 trades daily.
Sharekhan Services Features:
Sharekhan offers wide range of services for savings and investment solutions including equities, futures and options, currency trading, portfolio management, research, mutual funds and investor education. So that They also offer a prepaid brokerage setup which reduces brokerage across transactions.
- Trading and Demat Account Opening: Free
- Demat Annual maintenance charges (AMC): INR 400
- Intraday charges: 0.1% on both buy and sell sides subject to minimum of INR 0.05 per share.
- Equity Delivery Charges:
o 0.5% on both buy and sell sides subject to minimum of 10 paisa per share. For sell delivery
o Brokerage of INR 16 per scrip is charged for orders less than INR 3200.
- Equity Futures: 0.1% for the first leg, for second leg: 0.02% on same day square off and 0.10% any other day.
- Options: INR 100 per lot or 2.5% of premium (whichever is higher).
- All Taxes are charged extra.
Basically, Based in Mumbai and incorporated in 1994, Anand Rathi is engaged in financial and advisory services which includes investment banking, corporate advisory, wealth management, brokerage & distribution of equities, commodities, mutual funds and insurance.
Anand Rathi Account Opening Fee / Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC):
- Trading Account Opening Charges: INR 750 One Time
- Annual Trading AMC and demat account opening charges: NIL
- Demat Account AMC: INR 299/year
Anand Rathi Brokerage Charges – Standard Plan
|Flat Monthly Fee|
|Equity Delivery||0.5% – 0.15%|
|Equity Intraday||0.05% -0.015%|
|Equity Futures||0.05% – 0.015%|
|Equity Options||INR 75 to INR 20|
|Currency Futures||0.05% – 0.015%|
|Currency Options||INR 75 to INR 20|
|Commodity||0.008% – 0.05%|
Anand Rathi Demat Account Charges 2018
|S. No.||Plan 1 – 1st Year Free||Charges|
|1||Account Opening Charges||Nil|
|2||Account Closing Charges||Nil|
|3||Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||INR 299/- + s. tax (2nd year Onwards)|
|4||Purchases through AR||Nil|
|5||Sales through AR||INR 12/- per Scrip (ISIN)|
|6||Sales not through AR/Off-Mkt Transfer||Minimum INR 20/- and Maximum INR 50/- or 0.50% of the market value whichever is lower|
|8||Demat Charges||INR 3/- per certificate + INR 20/- per request In case of bulk, above 100 certificate INR 5/- & Actual Courier Charge|
|9||Remat Charges||0.05% of value + plus INR 20/- postage|
|10||Pledge Creation/Closure||INR 25/- per transaction|
|12||Transaction Statement||FREE monthly|
|14||Bounce cheque Charges||INR 250/-|
|15||Additional statement||INR 15/-|
Anand Rathi Transaction Charges / Turnover Charge
A combination of Exchange Turnover Charge and Trade Clearing Charge.
|Equity Delivery||INR 350|
|Equity Intraday||INR 350|
|Equity Futures||NSE ₹410 | BSE ₹210|
|Equity Options||INR 7000|
|Currency Futures||INR 350|
|Currency Options||INR 7000|
Disclaimer: There is a high degree of risk involved in stock trading. The details given on this website are for informational purpose and cannot be constituted as professional advice in any regard. So that You Can also Checkout for the top 10 Saving Account in India.