10 Best Credit Cards in India 2019 Latest Review
If you are looking for the list of best available top 10 credit cards in India for the year 2019. And wondering how to select the one you should be carrying in your wallet. Here is the list reviewed and based on experience of using these cards.
Following cards are selected taking into consideration best fit for salaried professionals. We are going to mention benefits of each card in detail so that you may choose the best fit according to your spends (Fuel, Shopping, Travel, Food, Cashback and rewards).
- Citibank CashBack Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card
- SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card
- Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card
- HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
- Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
- American express Platinum Travel Card
- HDFC Diners Rewards Credit Card
Below are the detailed description of each credit card and we have also tried to mention the USP’s (Unique Selling Point) for each card. Here are Top 10 Credit Cards in India.
USP: If you pay your bills (Utility, Telephone etc.) online and Buy Movie Tickets Online.
Annual Fee: INR 500
If you have got this one in your wallet, you can get 5 % CashBack on all your Utility and Telephone bills when you pay online through CitiBank CashBack Credit Card.
- Get 5% Cash back on all Movie ticket purchases.
- Earn 5% Cash back on all enrolled Utility bill payments, paid through Citibank Online Payments.
- Enjoy 5% Cash back on all Telephone bill payments .
- On Categories apart from Movies, Telephone and Bill Payments, get 0.5 % Cashback on all purchases done.
What you should keep in mind before applying for this credit Card is that you should maintain a healthy Credit Score. So If you want to Check free credit Score Online, you can check it from here.
Alternately, you may apply for Citibank Cash Back Credit Card.
USP: Best top 10 Credit Card in India with No Annual Fee
Annual Fee: You might see joining fee of INR 250 but you don’t have to worry about that. And It will be waived off when you use your card for the first time within 3 Months.
If you are looking for a Credit Card with zero annual fee. We would recommend you should definitely consider this one and also if you are applying for your first credit card.
The complete approval process of the Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card is very simple if you are a salaried person.
- Get additional 1000 rewards points if you transact within 60 days.
- Bonus 500 points for registering for online banking.
- Get 20% cashback* on Uber rides. (Check to see the complete T&C’s.
- Get 5 points on spending 150 rupees on dining.
- Earn 5 points on spending 150 on fuel.
- Receive 1 reward point on spending 150 on rest of the categories.
If you already own a credit card you might want to consider other credit cards or might have a look at Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card.
USP: Best Credit Card for Online Shopping and Rewards
Annual Fee: Rs. 499 (waived off if you spend One Lakh in an Year)
Bonus Gift: Get Amazon gift card worth Rs. 500 on Joining.
Your card will only be approved if you are a salaried person and have decent Credit Score (Check Free Credit Score).
Lots of online portals like Flipkart, Amazon, Yatra, Makemytrip, Bookmyshow, FoodPanda, ZoomCar etc. And Often provide good offers on SBI Cards that is one more reason to apply for this card. Let’s have a look at the benefits.
- Get Amazon.in gift card worth Rs.500 on joining.
- Earn 10X Rewads on online spends with partners – Amazon, BookMyShow , Cleartrip , Foodpanda , Lenskart , UrbanClap, Zoomcar.
- Get 1 % fuel surcharge waiver for transactions of Rs 500 and above.
- e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on annual online spends of INR 1 Lakh.
- Get additional e-Voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on spends of INR 2 Lakhs.
All you have to do is simply-click to Apply for SBI Simply Click Credit Card
USP: Lifetime free Credit Card, get Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
Annual Fee: Nil
Get lot of special discount offers if you are a Foodie, Travel often, shop online and more. Ideal for Students or non-salaried individuals.
If ordering Food online – Avail good discount options on FoodPanda, Dominos, Swigyy
If Traveling – Avail frequent discounts on MakeMyTrip and ZoomCar
Special discounts on ecommerce websites like – Jabong, TataCliq, Nykaa, Pepperfry, Puma Shop online, Bluestone, 1mg etc.
If this isn’t enough, Additionally get Every Day Delights (Monday – Sunday), special discounts.
Few more benefits would include:
- Minimum 15 % discount on partner Dining restaurants.
- 1 % Fuel Surcharge Waiver.
Quick Link to Apply for ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card
USP: Only Card to Offer 5 % Cash Back on department stores, grocery and supermarket.
Annual Fee: INR 499 (INR 999 from 2nd year onwards, can be waived off based on spends)
One of he most liked top 10 credit card in India, ideal for salaried professionals with decent (8000 above per month) credit card spends. On the Other hand You can use it for everything you purchase online and offline, overall a must have credit card.
- Get 5 % Cashback on expenditure of department stores and supermarkets (Big Bazaar, Spencer’s, Reliance, Easy Day and more).
- Get 3x rewards when you use your credit card for rest of the expenses.
USP: Best Rewards top 10 Credit Card in India
Annual Fee: INR 1000 for First Year (INR 4500 2nd Year Onwards, can be waived off if your spends are good)
Therefore, Get Welcome Gift of 4000 Membership Reward Points (when you transact or use your card 3 times in 2 months). And Additionally get 1000 bonus membership reward points (you will have to use your card 4 times on transactions above INR 1000 every month)
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every1 Rs. 50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
- Bonus 4000 Membership Reward Points on Joining as mentioned above.
- Additional 1000 membership reward points as per above condition.
- Upon card renewal Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points.
- Get additional off on selected restaurants as well.
A lot of people have myth regarding American express credit card eligibility criteria but believe us its not that hard now. You can Apply now for American express credit card if your annual income is above INR 6 Lakhs.
Good for Regular Travelers
Annual Fee: INR 1000 (Renewal or 2nd year onwards fee is INR 1000 as well, can be waived off if you spend INR 1 Lakh in a year)
Get Welcome Benefits of 1000 Reward Points, you will get the same upon renewal as well. ( but only If the annual fee is not waived off)
- Complimentary Airport lounge access (Through priority pass Membership)
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent.
- Get upto 15 % discount on few premium restaurants in India on dining.
- Get Fuel surcharge waiver of 1 %, on transaction value of INR 400 and above.
- Accumulate and consume reward points for Free air tickets and exclusive lifestyle options.
After 6 months if your spends are good you can get your card upgraded and apply for Regalia Credit Card as well.
Great choice for Frequent travellers (Specially if you book your travel through Yatra.com just for this one)
Annual Fee: INR 1500 Joining Fee and INR 1500 from 2nd year onwards.
Joining Benefits: Get Yatra.com Vouchers worth INR 5000 on Card Activation.
You can easily Apply for Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card if your annual income is INR 6 Lakhs and above.
You get lot of travel benefits if you have this one in your wallet, we have mentioned below top benefit of applying for this card.
- Get Vouchers for Yatra.com worth INR 5,000 when you use your card 3 times within 60 days of activation redeemable across flights, hotels and hotel bookings.
- Earn Milestone Reward points worth INR 5000 on the Axis Bank Edge Website on minimum annual spends of INR 2.5 Lakhs.
- Enjoy annual benefits of additional 3000 eDGE reward points on renewal of your credit card from 2nd year.
- Complimentary Lounge access to selected Airport Lounges.
- You will also come across lot of discounts on Swiggy, Snapdeal, Treebo, Voonik, Goibibo, Airbnb, MakeMyTrip, BookMyshow and more.
Overall a great choice for travellers! You may Apply for Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card.
Get exclusive Travel benefits close to INR 30,000 if you spend INR 4 Lakhs annually.
Annual Fee: INR 3,500 (1st Year) and INR 5,000 (2nd year onwards)
Welcome Reward: Get welcome Membership Reward Points of 5000, i.e. INR 4000 worth Travel Vouchers.
So If you are make good use of the Credit Card and spend more than INR 4 Lakhs a year Amex Platinum Travel Card is one you should Apply.
- Get travel vouchers worth more than Rs. 7700 when you spend INR 1.90 Lacs in a year.
- Get travel vouchers worth more than Rs. 11,800 additionally get Voucher worth Rs. 10,000 from Taj Group for your stay in Taj Group Hotels.
- Earn 1 membership reward points on spend of Rs. 50 except for Fuel, Utilities, Insurance and Cash.
- Enjoy up to 20 % discount on Dining from across partner restaurants.
- Get benefits on your travel bookings made on MakeMyTrip.com
You can easily Apply for Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card if your annual income is more than INR 6 Lacs.
Convert your Reward Points into AirMiles (JP Miles)
Annual Fee: INR 1000 for the 1st Year and INR 1000 For Renewal on 2nd Year. (If you spend INR 1 Lakh in the first year your renewal fee will be waived off)
Welcome Reward Points: Get 1000 Welcome Reward Points and 1000 Renewal Reward Points.
If you are a salaried person you can easily apply for HDFC Diner Club Rewards Credit Card if your net monthly salary is INR 30,000 per month and above.
Age: Min. 21 Years to Maximum 60 Years
Similarly,You can also apply for this credit card If you are self employed and file an ITR of INR 3.6 Lakhs per annum.
Age: Min. 21 Years to Maximum 65 Years
- Get 3 Reward points for every INR 150 Spends.
- You may redeem your reward points for AirMiles (1 Reward Point = 0.30 AirMile) when you book your tickets from www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com
- Alternately you can also redeem Reward points against AirMiles across Jet airways and Singapore airlines.
- Enjoy 10X reward points of International Spends.
Don’t go by the name Diners Club Rewardz Card it is more about Travel discounts then dining.
You may Apply HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card now.
In Conclusion We would love to hear reviews and comments about this article. Likewise Also if you wish to add anything so we can research and implement to help you select the Best top 10 Credit Card in India for Year 2018.